Sunday, July 12, 2009

Crazy, Busy Summer!!!

I would have loved to get a post on sooner, but life here this summer has been quite busy. There's been a lot to post, but not a lot of time in which to post it for you. So, here are some highlights:

* Corey's parents came for a visit in mid June. It rained a lot, so we didn't get to do a lot of the outdoor activities that we wanted to, but we still had a wonderful time! Children have quite an effect on grandparents...they'll do just about anything for them :0) Here are a few photos where she coaxed each of them into her little playhouse - hee, hee!





They were also here to celebrate Zoe's birthday with us. The Lord allowed us a nice sunny day, and we had a great time celebrating.

* I can hardly believe it's already been 3 years since this precious little one was brought to us. Oh, how I thank God for her. God has blessed us tremendously! I am such a reminiscent mommy, and I get so emotional just thinking of how the time WILL fly by, let alone how it already has. I just want to treasure every precious moment. She so beautiful and such a gift. How blessed we are!!!

We gave her a play cube with a slide, and she LOVES it! Isn't it great when your child loves the gift that you give them?

God has shown me so many times through our child how that relationship is like my relationship with Him. Sometimes, it's when Zoe throws an absolute fit about the dumbest things....hmmmm, don't I do that sometimes when things don't go just how I thought they should? In the case of Zoe's birthday, it reminds me how God desires to give us good things, and He delights when we open and use and enjoy those gifts. He doesn't want us to just look at them and hold them, but to OPEN them and USE them - all for HIS glory!







My brother brought his new puppy - so CUTE!



The cake!





*
We often tend to have such a busy summer with all the activities around us that we don't make special effort to spend some of our free time doing fun things as a family. Corey and I are trying to be better at that. So, we planned a little boating time one morning a few weeks ago. We just motored around, ate lunch, enjoyed the scenery, and tried to work a little on our tans, ha! Zoe loves it too:






* Unfortunately, Corey was on shift for the 4th of July, but Zoe and I still had a fun time. We went to the parade in Buhl with my mom. It was the first parade that Zoe really got in to. Last year, she was sick on the 4th and missed out on the fun. This year, she had so much fun just picking up candy. There were very few children around us, so she had plenty of time to go and pick up all the candy. If you ask her what her favorite part of the parade was, she'll tell you, "CANDY!!!" I don't think she really noticed much of anything else, hee!







After the parade, we went to the park and had lunch and enjoyed a really good band - wow, I was surprised to hear that in little Buhl! Next, we headed home so that Zoe could nap, and after her nap, she and I went to our friends' home in Castleford. It's always fun to hang out with them. We enjoyed yummy food, great fellowship, and pretty fireworks! Zoe LOVED playing with the kitties. She just isn't the greatest at holding kitties. She liked holding them by the neck. Her little friends helped her with that...




Other things that have been going on this summer...

* Our Pastor and his family moved to California, which was very sad and difficult for us and our church family. We have trusted and sought the Lord, and He quickly answered our prayers. He has blessed us with a new and wonderful Pastor and family ~ Jackie, Kathy, Cole, and Joseph Roberts. We had the privilege of hosting Jackie and Kathy for one of the weekends that they visited before being hired. They are going to be such great additions to our little church. They arrived Saturday, and we are SO excited about what God is going to do through them!

*
My best friend, Staci has been in town this last week, and we are enjoying lots of time together. YAY! More to come on that...

* Our church is holding our first VBS next week. It will be Zoe's first VBS as well. We're praying for a tremendously blessed time for all involved.

Alrighty...so that's what we've been up to. Until next time ~ hope you all are having a great summer!

No comments: