Well, it's been quite a while since I posted - sorry, but we've been quite busy. We got on the ball after the new year and got all our paperwork prepared and into our adoption agency...yep, we're putting in the "big bucks". For those of you who don't know, we've had paperwork at the local Pregnancy Crisis Center hoping to be connected to a birth mom there and then do a private adoption. That is how Zoe came into our lives. It's been two years since we placed paperwork there for another baby, and the number of adoptions out of there have been low. So, we finally decided to go with an agency. Now we continue to wait for the little one God has for us.
Corey has almost completed the storage closet in the basement...then I can move stuff in there, yay! I didn't want to put all of the Christmas stuff back into Zoe's closet since this closet was soon to be finished. It has accumulated in the spare bedroom, and it as well as Zoe's closet is a MESS! I can hardly wait to get everything all tidied up again.
I finally re-covered the pillows on our couch. We bought a slip cover several months ago, and it took a couple months for the material that I ordered to arrive. I was so glad to get some time to work on and complete them.
I have also been working on Zoe's room. I am trying to make it look like a little girl's room rather than a nursery. Corey painted the headboard and footboard of her twin size bed. Her quilt looks very nice with it, and she just LOVES her "big girl" bed. I rearranged her room, and I painted over the moons and stars that were on the walls. Now I need to figure out what all I'd like to put on the walls. I have a few things, but I need to decide just the right place - don't want a bunch of holes in the walls! Oh, and I need to sew some curtains too! I hope to post photos soon (of the couch/pillows as well).
Several friends have had and are going to have babies, so I have also been busy making blankets. It's been a while since I was in the habit of making so many. It's fun, though!
I have a list of things to do, and I am sure that I will be quite busy right up until spring, and then the outside duties come!
I am still leading a women's Bible study. We have a group of 11, and we are studying The Patriarchs, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob - another Beth Moore study. It has been an amazing group. I feel very blessed to study with them! I have also been asked to teach a session at our women's retreat in May. I am SO excited for the retreat, as it has been 2 years since we had an actual away retreat. It will be new and different since we have a new pastor and pastor's wife. It's going to be awesome, I just know it! Please keep it/us in your prayers. I'm certain that I will be quite anxious when the time comes for me to speak. I know that God will do the work, and I know He has called me to speak to these women, but it's quite intimidating doing something for which I have little experience - aaaah!
K, that's what I've been up to...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment