Friday, June 25, 2010

Summer Fun

Ah, summer is a great time for fun with friends and family. I am so thankful that we have already had some time with both this summer.

My dear friend Amy and her family were in town for a bit, and we were blessed to spend some precious time with them. It's a so good to catch up with a dear friend, to share experiences and to share time together with our families. We managed to grab a couple photos of the all the girls...precious!




Next was Zoe's 4th birthday! I can hardly believe my baby is four years old! We had a great day! Zoe opened a few presents in the a.m. - including a "real" mini-guitar. I'll get some video to post soon. Then we headed off to my parents' house, where some of our family from California was staying. We had only two precious days with them, and we enjoyed every minute of it! Zoe decided that cousin Sarah was her new best friend. Sarah was so sweet to play almost non stop with her, just about anything she wanted.



Zoe was miss Sassy all day...not sure what exactly got into her, but she sure had A LOT to say and some silly bossing around to do. Maybe it was just feeling extra special on her birthday and having extra special people here with us to celebrate. She was quite the entertainment!







I really enjoyed making her cake. It was a bit of an experiment, as I haven't done much cake decorating, but I'm tickled at how well it turned out. The funny thing is that one does all that work to cut it up and eat it! It is a nice memory, though :0)

Corey was on shift the next day, but Zoe and I spent the day with our special guests. It was much fun just to run around and see the sights and enjoy time together! I looked through my photos, and I'm wishing I had been better about taking photos. It's funny to me that this is the only photo I took of everyone that day:


Well, at least I'm pretty sure that others got some "good ones"! I'm just blessed that we got the time together and some precious memories. Praise the LORD!

No comments: