
This is me and my dear friend, Anna. She has been a great blessing in my life. She has been a scrap booking, Bible studying, fervent praying, sweet, dear, dear sister. She has listened to my hurts and anxieties and prayed much through some of my difficult times. Now, I am in a position to return the favor. Anna found out 2 months ago that she had a golf ball sized tumor in her colon. It was cancerous. The tumor was removed and things look pretty good, but a couple of her lymph nodes also tested positive for cancer. Today, she started a very aggressive chemo treatment, and she will continue to do so every 2 weeks for the next 6 months.
Anna loves Jesus with all her heart. Her deepest desire is to be used by Him, and she has been praying for quite some time that He would work mightily in and through her. She had been telling me for months that she could feel it, that she knew that the Lord was getting ready to do something big. And here we are - He IS doing that something big. It's not quite what we expected, but He is at work.
Anna's faith has encouraged and humbled me these past few months. She stood before our church family and said, "God is not surprised by this. I am not surprised. God is my portion; I will not be moved..." And then she basically said, "Bring it." When I have called her hoping to bring encouragement to her, I hang up the phone feeling that I was the one being ministered to. Anna feels humbled that God would choose HER to walk this road. God's word is continually on her lips, and it is awesome! I told her that she should write a book because of the blessings that she speaks forth. She started a blog, and if you would like to know more about her or would like to read and be ministered to as well, please click on her name under the blogs I follow. Also, she is certainly "prayed up" and ready, but that doesn't mean that she isn't going to go through some deep valleys. Will you please pray with me for her?
I am certain that the Lord is going to bring forth some truly sweet blessings as I walk with my sweet friend in this trial . . . I hope you'll follow along as well :0)
3 comments:
What an amazing woman/friend. I will definitely look up her blog and pray for her as she begins this journey.
Bless you - thanks so much!
I am so blessed that the Lord has placed several very special friends in my life throughout the years. Another one of them just happens to be you! Love ya . . .
You are so sweet! I am honored to be your friend. Bring on the prayers! Waiting in expectation of what God will do.
Post a Comment