"Therefore you shall lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall teach them to your children, speaking of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up." Deuteronomy 11:18-19
So, I have been telling myself for quite a while now that I want to diligently memorize scripture. The Bible Study that I am leading confirmed this conviction. I need to know God's word so that I can speak it out and use it when I am in a personal battle - when my mind is prone to obsessive thoughts. I need to continually renew my mind with truth. Then Beth Moore's blog brought the challenge to me. I will be memorizing 24 Bible verses this year! I will post on the comments page of the LPM blog on the 1st and 15th of each month each new verse I choose to memorize. YAY, now I have committed to do this, and I am so excited!
I have also been telling myself that I need to encourage Zoe to memorize some verses as well, to speak God's word into her heart. Of course, kiddos are like sponges and pick up everything, so all I needed to do was pick a verse and repeat it to her a few times a day. So, what better time to do this than along with my own verse? Alrighty, so that means I'm actually memorizing 48 verses - 2 each month for me, and 2 each month for Zoe! COOL! I so need this!
Anyway. . .Zoe has done very well with her first verse, and she even let me record it several times today. She usually wants to say her other verse first (the one I posted several months ago), so that's what the "old" one is that she's talking about:
Yeah, since she's in her "terrific two's", guess why I chose this verse?
I am also doing well with my first verse, however I don't think you'd enjoy watching me recite mine as much as Zoe.
"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving eachother, just as in Christ God forgave you." Ephesians 4:29, 31-32
I am really enjoying this already - washing my mind with His truth.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow, Stacey. This is inspiring. There is such truth to your words and I know His Word is life-changing. You have challenged me to think about doing this as well (maybe I'll start with the 24 kids' verses). And thanks for the Christmas pics - they were great. Have a good weekend. Love to you.
Post a Comment