Friday, January 2, 2009

Snow!

I so wanted to post sooner than now, but ya know how busy the season gets. So, we finally did get some snow. A lot of it. It first came December 15th, and we just had to get out and play in it! It was the first time Zoe really played in the snow. She doesn't really seem to care much about playing in it, just eating it. She did enjoy riding on her sled that Great Grandpa Gibbs built for her last year. We had fun pulling her around.







We headed off to Oregon on the 19th expecting to hit a storm along with bad roads. The Lord blessed us with clear roads almost the entire way. We had snow packed roads over the pass, but the driving conditions were not bad. It snowed 6 or 7 inches the next day. It is not often that Corey's parents get that much snow, or any snow that stays for more than a day. I was so excited to get to go out and make a snowman! (The snow here had been much too dry for it.) So, Grandma, Zoe and I headed out to do just that. Of course, Grandma and Mommy were the ones who made the snowman (and enjoyed it) while Zoe ate snow. A mighty nice looking snowman, if I might say so myself :0)



Zoe also joined Grandpa for a bit as he moved snow with the Kubota.



It rained for several days after that, but I was so happy to have had some snow which although wet, was still visible for several days. We also woke up to fresh snow on Christmas morning, a surprise present from God. Do ya think He put it there for me because He knows just how much I love to have a white Christmas? Thank you, Savior, for using such a small thing to make me feel extra special.

We found out that the snow kept coming here. It was one of those REAL winter storms that leaves lots of snow and drifts, and difficulty getting out of your driveway out here. I love that! I love getting snowed in for a bit! We missed that, but we did have the pretty snow when we got back. It's almost all gone now, but as I look out the window, I see some slushy white stuff coming down. I'm hoping we'll get another good storm before the winter is over. And maybe it will stick around for a bit?

Alrighty, I'll post more about our Christmas soon . . .

1 comment:

Amy said...

Yay! I'm so glad you got a white Christmas. I so love the quiet and stillness of new snow...what a great gift. Love the pics!