Thursday, September 25, 2008

My Daddy Says No

We haven’t had a whole lot to tell until the last week, and this week has been so busy, I haven’t had time to post. Now, I have a few things to share, and I’ll start with the first today… A week ago, we received a call that the gal that had been in contact with us to adopt her baby wanted to get a hold of us again. I called her mom; she is the only one I had talked to. They had looked at many other portfolios, close to 50 she said, but they still desperately wished for us to care for the baby. The baby was due any day, and they were under pressure. They didn’t want to become attached to the baby in any way so that they could do what they felt was right ~ place the baby for adoption. The situation with the biological father was still not solid as far as termination of his rights being final. We felt it was important that the termination of rights and adoption were certain, that it would not be a battle in court for rights to the child. We agreed to think and pray about it over night.

It’s encouraging that someone looks at our file after looking at so many others and still says, “They are the ones I want.” We often wonder just how many people look and don’t feel the same. And it is oh so difficult when you hear God saying, “Walk away, this is not your baby.” And so we feel ourselves basically saying, “We want this baby, but our Daddy says no, and He knows what is best.” …and we walk away and allow another family the opportunity to have what they’ve been dreaming of.

So, there were other couples willing to go forward with this, and I am thankful for that. The baby was born last Saturday and went to a family in Pennsylvania. This baby is meant to be with another family. I pray the biological father terminates his rights and they never have to worry about all that. I don’t know exactly why this baby isn’t ours, but we will trust God. And I know one day we will see the special one He has for us and know that we wouldn’t want it any other way.

No comments: