Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bible Study - YAY!

So, I’ve had a busy week this last week because I am gearing up to lead a women’s Bible study in our home! It’s been on my heart for the last 9 months, and God has shown me that now is the time. As many of you know, we lost our dear Pastor Brent to cancer last December. Our church has been blessed beyond measure with our interim Pastor (hopefully "official" Senior Pastor one of these days), Steve Matheson, and our church family has grown very quickly. Brent’s wife, Merrily, has been head of women’s ministries, and she is getting married and moving away soon. We had one women’s fellowship Bible study, and several women's events throughout the year, and it was truly a blessing. Now, our Women’s ministry will completely change. We will have several Bible studies held on different days at different times of the day. This is great since our church has grown so rapidly in the last several months. We have a lot of women stepping forward to serve in the women’s ministry, and I am SO excited that there will be options for our differing lives and opportunities for more intimate groups.

I had the first day of sign ups for this study last Sunday, and there are 13 gals interested. As we want to keep the group small and intimate, I am not planning to have more sign ups. We are going to do a Beth Moore study and I am SO excited!!! Ladies, if you’ve never done a Beth Moore study, you should! I have grown so very much in the last 2 years as I was a part of a small Beth Moore Bible study group. I have been challenged and moved and stretched and drawn closer to the Lord through these studies. I praise God for using Beth to bring His Word to me in such a real and powerful way.

The study will be held on a weekday in the a.m. Please pray for:

Childcare. It is my desire to have it available because for a lot of moms, this time works so much better than any other. We have 5 kiddos needing to be watched, and that would so bless their mommies! I have contacted a couple people about providing this for us and am waiting for a response.

A set day. It’s either Thursdays or Fridays, and there are a couple gals who have one day over the other, and it’s not the same day! I don’t want to have to choose…may God show me, possibly in the availability of the person providing childcare.

Transportation for one of the ladies that cannot drive herself. There is one gal signed up whom I’ve not met or seen before last Sunday who lives in the same area…

Those God has called to this study, of course! I know He’s picked them out specifically for this group. May they be excited, ready, and willing to be taught what He wants to teach them.

Any others who want to join, and a possible leader to lead a second small group.

Me as a leader to allow God to do the leading, not me. Who am I that He would ask ME to lead? No, I must ask - who is HE that He can use me to lead? He’s Creator of the universe, Almighty God, Savior of my soul…I think He’ll do a much better job than I ~ and that all to HIS glory!

THANK YOU! I’ll keep you posted on the answers…

1 comment:

Amy said...

This is so great, Stace! You will do a wonderful job leading these (lucky) women. Keep us posted on how it goes...