

Last week was also fair week. And I LOVE the fair ~ food, that is. So, we did enjoy that, and Zoe really enjoyed seeing all the animals. I think it excited her to see them in real life and know just what her books are talking about.
And, here’s the latest on what Zoe is up to…she likes to put her books and toys, "all tojether". She does it every day, several times a day. Hey, it keeps her very busy while I need to get things done, plus it is also very entertaining when we get to sit and watch…
And last but certainly not least, many of you know that we had a little excitement here with the possibility of another baby. We found out about the birth mom a few weeks ago and sent her our info thinking nothing would likely come of it. Then we got a call that she was overwhelmed with emotion at seeing our portfolio and she knew we were the ones she wanted to care for her baby. She is due October 10 ~ soon. Well, there was a hang up with the biological father…he decided that he will not terminate his rights and would like to parent. He doesn’t sound like a fine upstanding person, but he says that his stay in jail has changed him, and I pray it has. The birth mom was hoping we would pursue the court’s termination of his rights, but that would likely be a very long, financially burdensome, emotionally trying time…all that could still end in us having to give the child back. So, we told her that unless he is willing to terminate his rights, we would not pursue things further. They wished us well and said they would pursue other options. It ended quite abruptly, and I felt stunned, although quite glad that we do not have to sit and wait for the answer. All along, I figured this was not likely to work out for us, but I still felt sad when things ended so quickly.
It’s funny how you can think that you are so not ready for something new to your life, and then when it doesn’t happen, you realize that you really did want it. A friend of mine pointed this out to me (thank you, Alexis) ~ what a joy that this situation showed me my heart really is ready for another little one.
I am now reminded to take advantage of every little moment with Zoe, ‘cause time is so short, and things will change as they always do. And they could change in a moment with no warning…not in the 9 month time of waiting and preparation that so many moms have. So, I will put more effort into taking joy in the just me and Zoe and the just Corey and me and Zoe times.
Also, we are praising God that he answered our prayers...even though it was a "no" to this baby. He showed us His will by closing the door. We know that Zoe was so very worth the wait and worth having to go through adoption situations that fell through. They prepared us for the joy we have in God’s good and perfect gift to us ~ Zoe, abundant life, life that comes from God. We look forward to what God has in store for us!
1 comment:
Seriously with the books? That is one organized (and incredibly cute!) kid.
And I'm so sorry to hear about the drama and disappointment with another adoption. It must be so hard.
Post a Comment