We had a nice Thanksgiving. Corey was on shift, which was a bummer. It’s part of the job, though, so we just have to remind ourselves of all the days he does get off when everyone else is working. I hung out with my family. It was a pleasant day filled with all the good things you’d hope for on such a day. I am so very thankful for so many blessings!
The day after Thanksgiving, I went shopping with some friends, and it was a lot of fun! We didn’t get up incredibly early – it was mostly just for the fun of it. We did find some good deals too. And since we live in a smaller town, the crowds weren’t terribly huge. We had a great time, enjoyed coffee and muffins in the morning and lunch a little later. We went home feeling quite tired and a bit over stimulated.
Saturday, Corey, Zoe and I went up north to hunt for a Christmas tree! It was much different than we’ve experienced in the past since there was no snow. Well, there was snow – a few little patches here and there. Usually, we have snow boots and layers of clothing and hot chocolate for the drive out. Saturday was a beautiful day. Corey was wearing a t-shirt and jeans, while I still needed a sweater. It made it much easier to find a tree, but it just wasn’t the same. It was so warm that hot chocolate didn’t even sound appealing for the drive out. In fact, a milkshake is what I ended up getting for the drive home! We enjoyed lunch and a short walk in Hailey and returned home several hours before we usually do. We put the tree up and even had time to string the lights. We picked a great tree once again – I am so happy to say that we always really like our tree, even - - especially with it’s imperfections. They always have such character. Here’s a photo just after we cut down our tree:

So, I did get the tree decorated and most of the house is quite “Christmasie” now – yay! “It’s the most wonderful time of the year. . .” I am so glad it’s Christmas time, I just wish we could have some snow to go with it . . .
1 comment:
Great post, Stacey! I SO love this time of year. I feel like it gets even more fun as the girls get older. And if it's at all possible to send snow your way, I will be sure and do it! :-)
Post a Comment