It's a crisp sunny, beautiful day today. Many of us met at Brent's gravesite with balloons in hand. We stood in a circle and talked about him. We remembered...we laughed...we cried. And then we let the balloons go. We watched the balloons float up, up and away, and we listened to a recording of Brent giving an invitation to those who had not yet received Jesus as their Savior. And then we worshipped. It was a blessed time.
I just want to tell you today how much Brent meant to us. He was a good friend, one who prayed for us often, who was honest, who encouraged us, who would be there for anyone if they needed him (truly, at a moment's notice), and who praised Jesus always throughout his trial and pain. He came to church services up until just a few weeks before he passed away. He was desperate to be there for his flock, even if he had to go and lay in the office part way through. We are blessed to know that He is in the presence of Almighty God.
I pause just to think of that.
How awesome and amazing! We grieve that we do not have Brent here in our presence, but we are so excited that he is no longer in pain, that he will be forever away from this earth and it’s heartaches, and that he is in the presence of the One whom he served and glorified to the very end.
We will miss him, and he will not be forgotten . . .
Merrily, Brent, Jim, and us.

Zoe's Dedication
1 comment:
Hey Stacey,
I would love to get together with you and was totally planning on trying to figure out a way to meet up with you. However, Kevin's sister and family got stranded in Portland and are getting here a week later than expected so we are doing family stuff with them this next week and I don't think I'll be able to get away :(
I will do my best next time we are up here to make it out your way!
Hope you and your cute family had a wonderful Christmas!
Post a Comment