Well, many of you know that I have severe endometriosis and have been contemplating a hysterectomy. I don't have a lot of contact with some of you, so you may not know this. I wasn't sure if it was something I really needed to post about, but then it is a big deal, and I know that God can use anything to bless us...hence, a sweet blessing! Of course I want to share such things with my friends! So, here we go:
We have prayed much about this the last 8 months. I tried a highly restricted diet for 4 months hoping that it might greatly relieve my symptoms and I could avoid a hysterectomy at least for several more years. Well, the diet didn't work, and I am now scheduled to have a hysterectomy in October. I will be going to Dr. Redwine, a physician and surgeon who specializes in endometriosis. He has been helping women with endo for more than 25 years, and I am really excited to be one of those women! God has given us much peace about this direction, even before I tried the diet. I am so thankful for His guidance...I'd be a wreck if not for my Lord and His hand on my life! I think my biggest concerns at this time are that I do actually feel so much better after it's all done rather than trading these symptoms for other symptoms and of course that the surgery and healing go very well. Would you keep us in prayer? We greatly appreciate it! I look forward to sharing the ways that the Lord will work through this circumstance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment