
We are proud to announce that Mattie Hope arrived into the world on February 28 at 9:17 p.m. It took her a long time to decide to come, but once she did, she came very fast. She came so quickly that we didn't have enough time to get there before she did. She was 7 lbs 15 oz, 21 inches long. She's beautiful and healthy and so stinkin' sweet!
Everything went so very much smoother than we expected. The emotions were not crazy, and everything with Samantha and her family and friends was pretty comfortable and respectful. God covered the entire situation with peace. For those of you who prayed - THANK YOU!
So far, Mattie is such a good baby! She has been eating every 2-3 hours during the day and every 5 hours at night - yep, we are getting some sleep! Which is especially nice because I am sick! Ugh - feeling pretty cruddy. Zoe had strep throat last weekend, and so I am pretty sure that is what I also have. Thankfully, Zoe's doctor gave us prescriptions just in case this happened. If it is indeed strep, I should be feeling a lot better tomorrow, and I will no longer be contagious. The good thing is that it is very rare for infants to get strep, so as long as I am being careful, she should be ok. Please keep praying for health for all of us and that I will soon be healthy enough to cuddle my new sweet girl close...I long to do that!
Is her hair not absolutely adorable?

Zoe absolutely adores her baby sister...loves to hold and cuddle and just "be" with her. She is having fun helping, although she gets frustrated when there is nothing to help with. She's still got a bit of a rough road with transition, and we're praying that it goes smoothly. Here's what absolutely blessed me this morning: as I was getting myself ready in the bathroom, I placed Mattie in the mini crib in the hall. I asked Zoe to keep an eye on her. Zoe was so sweet! She was "reading" to Mattie about Jesus and all that He has done for us, and she prayed and thanked God for her baby sister, and she sang the cutest little songs that she made up. I only wish I had the camera to capture it :0(


Well, I had better go and enjoy this sweet blessing...
No comments:
Post a Comment